Thursday, July 5, 2007

Our Fourth

My first fourth being pregnant! Greg and I drove down to Eugene to spend some good times with family. Greg went out to Dexter with the Stephens and Koesters to spend some time on the water tubing, knee boarding and swimming. I did not want to go out on the boat in my condition, so I watched the 4th of July parade in Harrisburg with my sister, my nieces, my cute little doggy Baylee, and Ginnie. It was so hot! Myka, Rya, and Phebe (my nieces) go so much candy thrown at them that all of it filled my sister's backpack 1/2 full! The girls had so much fun doing that! I had a lot of fun watching them. I got a little worried when they seemed to forget about the cars and trucks driving in the parade while they were out in the street getting their precious treats. The parade, filled with automobiles of the early 1900s -1960s, motor coaches, floats, horses, and mules (mules are so big, my Grandpa had a mule), lasted for ~ 1 hour (the perfect length of time for a parade). Before we arrived to our sitting spot, however, we were all on a quest to find my mom and her friends and sit with them. My mom (love you!) has not been blessed with the gift of a sense of direction and insisted that we were travelling the wrong way! However, by the end of the parade, we all discovered that we were sitting less than a block away from her! Well, as you all can imagine with three little girls and a little dog in almost 90-degree heat, we were getting pretty tired and hungry. My mom, my sister, my nieces, and Ginnie ate lunch at mucho gusto (I love mexican food) and shopped at Old Navy (where Mom bought my first maternity shirt) and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Afterwards, I took a long nap at Mom's house. At around 5pm Mom drove me over to be with Greg and his family. We barbecued, played the ultimate 4-square challenge, light a ton of fireworks, and then crashed into our beds. That was my fourth, and yes, most of us got bad sunburns, but we all got great memories.

No comments: